Not sure what to read next? Explore expert-curated lists filled with must-read books across all genres. Or take a deep dive into The New York Public Library's research collections with posts written by our librarians, curators, and staff. And discover the diverse array of programs, resources, services, and materials offered by NYPL.
- By Tony Marx, NYPL President | August 12, 2022A message from Tony Marx, New York Public Library President.
- By NYPL Podcasts | August 11, 2022Join us for a discussion of the memoir Always Crashing in the Same Car and a book of poetry, Dear God. Dear Bones. Dear Yellow.
- By NYPL Staff | August 10, 2022This collection makes significant works written about, for, by, and in Harlem and its diverse communities easily accessible.
- By Carolyn Vega, Curator, Henry W. and Albert A. Berg Collection of English and American Literature | August 10, 2022Read about short-term fellow Urmila Seshagiri's work with the Virginia Woolf papers in NYPL's Berg Collection.
- By Lisa Herndon, Managers, Schomburg Communications and Publicity | August 9, 2022The prize honors the best nonfiction book on the slave trade, slavery, and anti-slavery in the Atlantic World published in the U.S.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | August 8, 2022This trope is alive and kicking in romance books as authors find fun new ways to play with the fake-dating-turned-true-love dynamic.
- By Carrie McBride, Communications | August 8, 2022His books are detailed and often lengthy, but also page-turners that bring history to life with vivid storytelling.
- By Cierra Bland, Social Media Manager | August 8, 2022See the Library’s favorite cat as you’ve never seen her before...
- By Cierra Bland, Social Media Manager | August 4, 2022Release your wiggle with 16 reads inspired by Beyoncé’s Renaissance